On the side, I write Medium blogs on various topics, but mostly focusing on software and technology.
Each section is sorted with the most recent posts first.
- What Does Subtracting a Char From a Char Mean?
- Simple Mnemonic Devices for Remembering HashSet’s Add and HashMap’s Put in Java
- My 2019 LA Amazon Web Services (AWS) Media & Entertainment Symposium Business Leader Track notes and summary
- My AWS re:Invent 2018 summary
- Utilizing Amazon DynamoDB to audit user activity for internal tools
- Be More Productive with Your Work Tasks by Refining Slack Notifications
- How to Send Formatted Slack Message Blocks via the Java Slack SDK Client API
- How to get, save, and backup your 1–1 conversation history from HipChat (like if you’re migrating to Slack)
- How to Tag and Push a Docker Image to a Private Registry
- Analyzing the base OS images of official Docker images
- How to Remove Modified or Changed Files from a Git Pull Request
- How to save a README to display on your main GitHub profile
- How to Mirror (Copy) an Entire Existing Git Repository Into a New One
- Dev Tips: Searching GitHub Like a Pro
- What we know about GitHub Package Registry
- How to Write a Go Function That Returns True If It Finds One Item (String, Integer, etc.) in a Slice of Items
- Using Golang to Read and Create Excel files
- Go kit vs. Micro vs. Gizmo Comparison: What the Internet is Saying
- What is the Best IDE or Editor for Developing in Lua?
- What is the best IDE and plugin for developing in Clojure?
- What is the Best IDE for Developing in Ruby (on Rails)?
- What is the best IDE for developing in Scala?
- What is the best IDE setup for developing in Haskell?
- What is the best IDE for developing in Julia?
- What is the Best IDE for Developing with Swift?
- What’s the best IDE for developing in Kotlin?
- What is the best IDE for React (ReactJS and React Native)?
- What is the best IDE for developing in Dart and Flutter?
- What is the best IDE for developing in Angular?
- What is the best IDE for developing in Rust?
- What is the best IDE for developing in Golang?
Java + Spring Boot
- How to Know What Version of Java that Maven is Using
- How to customize and add color to your Spring Boot banners to look awesome
- How to Roll Back (Undo) a Deployment in Kubernetes with Kubectl
- Understanding Kubernetes Resource (CPU and Memory) Units
- Maximize Your Kubectl Productivity With Shortcut Names for Kubernetes Resources
- My Recap of KubeCon 2019 “A Fortunate Series of CloudEvents” — Serverless, Eventing
- My Recap of KubeCon 2019’s “Running Istio and Kubernetes On-Prem at Yahoo Scale”
- My Notes on the KubeCon 2019 OPA + GateKeeper Introduction Talk
- How to write and use Kubernetes CronJobs
- Useful kubectl commands and scripts you can use in your day-to-day Kubernetes work
- Remotely connecting through Kubernetes to a JMX agent in a Spring Boot 1.x application to monitor an application
- Leveraging Spring Boot’s scheduled task functionality along with the Kubernetes API to clean up unneeded K8s resources
- I found a first-place essay I wrote when I was 16 years old on Martin Luther King Jr.
- Thank you, Grant Imahara
- List of all COVID-19 informational sites (and GitHub projects) per prefecture in Japan with case counts, tests, and more
- How to Make a Picture’s Background Transparent Online in Seconds for Free
- Try Leaving Sticky Note Pads All Over Your Place to Retain Ideas
- How to Turn on Spell Check in Sublime Text
- YouTube Keyboard Shortcuts to Optimize Your Viewing and Learning
- How to search for a Twitter user’s most liked (favorited) and/or retweeted tweets in your web browser
- How to Fix Commons Lang “Package Does Not Exist” Error
- How to fix md5 ImportError with Python 2 and pip
- Rest Your Eyes: Dark Mode is Coming to GitHub
- How to Add or Reduce Space Between Lines of Text Using Just HTML and CSS
- Learn From Amazon Suddenly Making Their Buttons Flat: Keep Your UI Design Fresh
- How to add a pure HTML and CSS two color linear gradient to your text
- How to add both an underline and an overline to your text (and in different colors) with HTML and CSS
- Material UI: How to change a Menu’s MenuItems anchor to popover below instead of over
- How to fix your Angular Material input field from being broken in Safari
- How to Use CSS to Fade In and Fade Out HTML Text and Pictures
- How to Encode and Decode Base64 Strings With Mac OS or Linux
- Optimize Your Command-Line Workflow With Bash Aliases
- Hyper Terminal plugins that will make your life easier
WordPress + Website Management
- How to Activate and Get Your PositiveSSL Certificate on Namecheap for Your Website
- Add a Google Analytics Global Site Tag to Your WordPress Site in 5 Minutes
- An SSL Story: how to fix preview thumbnails not showing on Facebook and Twitter from your website pages
- How to Center Instagram Iframe Embeds in WordPress